Liv 52: Uses, Side Effects, Composition, Price & Dosage
There is an interesting story on how the medicine got its name. It is believed that the ingredients and their effective tests had to be conducted 51 times before the perfect supplement was brought out. Hence it was named Liv (for liver) and 52 for the 52nd trial. You can imagen how rigorous and through the testing process must have been. No wonder Liv 52 is the most popularly bought medication for liver ailments in the market today.
Liv 52 is a product marketed by Himalaya Drug Company. It is one of the most popular products sold for liver strengthening or liver damage repair. It is an Ayurvedic medicine and hence its ingredients are made of rare herbs which have been scientifically proven to cure liver ailments.
Composition and Nature of Liv 52:
Liv 52 comes in two forms namely tablets and syrup. It is an herbal blend of supplements that aids strengthening of the liver and repairing the damaged cells. Since it is an ayurvedic formula, the known side effects are very few.
Also, Read More About – Pregabalin and Methylcobalamin Uses
The composition of each tablet or syrup serving the following substances:
- Caper bush (root)
- Chicory (seed)
- Black nightshade (whole plant)
- Arjuna (bark)
- Yarrow (aerial parts)
- Tamarisk (whole plant)
Uses and Benefits of Liv 52:
- Prevent Cirrhosis: Cirrhosis of the liver is the condition where healthy liver cells are scarred due to alcohol abuse. Liv 52 helps in replacing the damaged tissues with healthy ones. By doing so it not only stops further damage to the liver, but also gradually starts restoring the damaged cells.
- Liv 52 Improves Appetite: Liv 52 regulates the stomach abnormalities and helps in building hunger and appetite. It is effective for people who are underweight. Body builders are also advised to take liv 52 as it boosts appetite for healthy food consumption.
- Betters Digestion and Bowl Movement: Liver plays a vital role in removing the toxins from the body, producing bile to aid digestion and absorb fat. It regulates the functionality of the stomach by absorbing the nutrients and releasing digestive enzymes thus aiding in a smooth digestive system.
- Protects the Liver from Alcohol Related Dysfunctionality: Everyone knows heavy consumption of alcohol is injurious to health. Regular and heavy consumption of alcohol can give rise to liver diseases like fatty liver, liver hepatitis, liver cirrhosis and conditions where fat cells get deposited in the liver which can lead to liver cirrhosis and gradually liver failure. There is no cure from this point onwards. Liver transplant is the only option. However, complete abstinence from alcohol and use of Liv 52 can help heal the damaged liver cells if remedial action is taken before it is too late. The antiperoxidative properties in Liv 52 helps in maintaining a good number of enzymes in the liver that helps in oxidization of organic substances and promotes healing of the liver. The ingredients used in Liv 52 Help in both pre-cirrhotic conditions and acute cirrhosis.
- Helps in Battling a Hangover: Liv 52 helps in removing acetaldehyde, a substance formed by alcohol oxidization in the liver. You will get relief form your alcohol hangover in no time. But bear in mind you cannot continue to drink and take Liv 52 on regular basis. Drinking alcohol is injurious to health and it must be avoided. Don’t expect Liv 52 to come to your rescue every time you have a hangover.
- Great Help for Eliminating Toxins in the Body: We eat all sorts of junk foods and abuse our stomach. Over a period of time this will cause a build-up of toxins in our small intestine. The friendly enzymes packed in Liv 52 not only help in removing these toxins from our body, but also build liver strength to resist from letting these toxins accumulate.
- Highly Recommended for Jaundice Patients Jaundice is a condition caused by the liver failing to eliminate excessive bilirubin in the body. The yellowish pigment in our eyes, skin or urine is due to the high bilirubin content. Liv 52 removes the toxins, purifies and strengthens the liver and regulates the entire digestive stomach, thus maintaining an optimal balance of bilirubin in our body.
- Fosters Corrective Action from Prolonged Medical Treatment: Every tablet you consume takes you a step or two towards recovery. However, medicines are also befriended by negative side effects in many patients. Doctors continue to administer, because they have to take a call between a badly failing situation and side-affects that can be tolerable by the patient and eventually go away by stopping them.
- Enhances Speedy Recovery: Patients undergoing constant or prolonged medical treatment can start to feel drained due to side-affects and at times the body just won’t respond well enough due to the reaction of toxin accumulation. Liv 52 enhances speedy recovery by eliminating the heavy toxin build up due to prolonged medication.
- Beneficial for Pregnant Women: Pregnancy is one of the most pleasing feelings for a woman and her extended family. Pregnancy is filled with happiness and expectations for the new member. However, all pregnant women are not the same. Some don’t have the luxury to enjoy this memorable experience happily. Many women constantly complain of common symptoms that lead to discomfort during pregnancy. Fear not! Liv 52 is to your rescue. You would be happy to know that Liv 52 also tackles these symptoms to give you a pleasant experience that you can enjoy for a lifetime.
Some of the symptoms it tackles are as follows:
- Morning sickness
- Loss of appetite.
- Pre-eclamptic toxaemia
- Hyperemesis gravidorum
- Loss of weight
- Hormonal imbalance
Liv 52 Interactions:
Different bodies interact differently to medicines depending on their nature and body constitution. Liv 52 is an Ayurvedic product. Its ingredients are herbal and hence no major side-effects have been reported to date.
However, there will be some minor side-effects in the following situations:
Diabetic patients consuming Liv 52 syrup can shoot up sugar level in the body as sugar is used as a taste enhancer in the syrup.
Using it excessively can cause symptoms like:
- burning sensation in the stomach
- loose motions
- skin irritation
The best thing to do in such situations is to simply reduce the dosage. If the conditions worsen, seek immediate medical attention.
To eliminate side-effects due to overdose, doctors have recommended the following:
- For Adult: 2 to 3 tablets a day
- For Kids: 1 tablet a day
- Senior Citizens: 5 to 6 tablets a day
Liv 52 Syrup Dosage:
- For Adults: 2 to 3 teaspoons a day
- For Kids: 1 teaspoon a day
- Senior citizens: 5 to 6 teaspoons a day (not meant for diabetic patients)
The medicine must be taken 30 minutes after meals. It is not advisable to take the syrup on an empty stomach.
You may also consult your doctor for questions on optimal dosage based on your health condition.
Precautions and Warning Related To Liv 52:
If wish to start consuming Liv 52 tablets, it would be a good idea to visit your doctor and get the doctor’s advice. The doctor will prescribe the dosage based on your existing health condition, allergies and current list of medications if any. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding don’t forget to inform your doctor. Also talk to your doctor if you are planning to get pregnant or are an excessive alcoholic.
Substitutes of Liv 52:
Every medicine comes with its generic version. Some of the substitutes available in the market are:
- Silymarin – It is extracted from the milk-thistle plant that has been used for centuries to treat liver ailments. Silymarin is known to have anti-inflammatory and cell regenerative properties which aid in healing liver ailments.
- Acetylcysteine – Acetylcysteine is another natural nutrient that could help liver tissue damage in patients, particularly for those who use acetaminophen on a daily basis.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1) Can it be taken with milk or water?
Ans: Liv 52 is an herbal product. There are no side effects of taking it with either of them. But to get effective results try taking it with warm water or milk.
2) When should I take Liv 52?
Ans: Liv 52 is advised to be consumed after meals.
3) How much time does Liv 52 take to work?
Ans: Results from ayurvedic medicines are slow but sure. The herbs take their time to work. You won’t see the benefits immediately like aspirin or crocin. It takes a minimum of a month to see any visible effects.
4) Will Liv 52 help me increase my weight?
Ans: Yes! Liv 52 is known to boost one’s metabolism rate by improving digestion, nutrition absorption, boost appetite and facilitate a smooth bowel movement. Most of these factors will naturally help in some appropriate weight gain.
5) Should Liv 52 be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans: Taking Liv 52 before meals does not put it to work to its fullest potential. To see best results it is advisable to take it as a supplement after meals.
6) Does Liv 52 cure fatty liver?
Ans: Yes. Liv 52 is an ayurvedic cure for fatty liver due to poor capacity of the liver due to pregnancy or excessive consumption of alcohol. The enzymes present in Liv 52 help in strengthening and improving the capacity of the liver to process food and absorb nutrients better.
Also, Read More About – Evion 400 | Zincovit Tablet | Rabeprazole Sodium and Domperidone Capsules Uses | Zerodol P Tablet Uses in Hindi