C Tax O Tablet: Uses, Side Effects, Composition, Price & Dosage
A broad-spectrum antibiotic, C Tax-O 200 MG tablet DT is used for the treatment of a variety of conditions including lung infections, ear infections and urinary tract infections. This medicine can be taken once a day. Since C Tax-O 200 MG tablet is active against few bacteria causing infections, it is not recommended in case of flu, common cold or viral infections.
C Tax O tablet Composition and Nature:
Let’s talk about C Tax-O composition.
C Tax O 200 MG Tablet is contains Cefixime as the active ingredient/salt. Please also note that there may be various strengths of this medicine available based on the usage of its active ingredients.
C Tax O tablet Uses and Benefits:
Uses of C Tax O 200mg are listed below.
- Bronchitis : It is caused by Haemophilus influenzae, Streptococcus pneumoniae, and some Mycoplasma pneumonia. C tax-O 200 MG Tablet is used to treat Bronchitis.
- Ear Infection (Otitis Media) : This tablet is used in the treatment of Otitis Media or ear infection which is caused by E. coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Streptococcus pneumoniae, and Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
- Tonsilitis/Pharyngitis : Caused by Haemophilus influenzae, Streptococcus pneumoniae, and some fungal infections, C Tax-O 200 MG Tablet is used to treat Tonsillitis or Pharyngitis.
- Urinary Tract Infection : Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Enterococci, E. coli, and Klebsiella pneumoniae cause urinary tract infection and C Tax-O 200mg is used in the treatment of the same.
- Gonococcal infection : Neisseria gonorrhea causes Gonococcal infection and C Tax antibiotics are used in the treatment of the same.
C Tax-O antibiotics are really helpful in treatment of the symptoms and the problems mentioned above.
C Tax O Tablet Side Effects:
Here is a list of possible side effects that may occur upon consuming C Tax O 200mg tablets. In case of adverse effects of C Tax-O tablets, patients should consult doctor.
- Abdominal Pain
- Dark or Clay colored stools
- Swelling of hands, face, lips, hands and feet
- Redness of the skin
C Tax O Tablet Dosage:
C Tax O tablet should be consumed as per the dosage and duration prescribed by the doctor.
The tablet should be swallowed as a whole. Do not break, crush or chew the tablet. C Tax-O 200 MG tablet can be consumed with or without food. However, medicine should be consumed at a fixed time.
How C Tax-O tablet Works?
C Tax O 200 MG is an antibiotic tablet. It prevents the formation of bacterial protective covering in the body.
C Tax O Tablet Precautions and Warnings:
- C Tax O 200mg is not recommended during pregnancy unless the benefits of this tablet out-weigh the risks.
- C Tax O 200mg should not be consumed when breastfeeding.
- This medicine is not recommended if the patient is suffering with allergy, bleeding disorders, kidney disease, and Clostridium difficile-associated Diarrhea.
- This medicine is not allowed for children below the age of 6 months.
C Tax O Tablet Substitutes:
Here is a list of a few medicines which can act as a substitute for C Tax antibiotics or mainly for C Tax-O 200 mg tablets. Please note that you should always consult a doctor before switching your medicines.
- Jetex 200 MG Tablet DT manufactured by Pfizer Ltd.
- Strides Shasun Ltd.’s Grafix 200 MG Tablet DT
- Cefinar 200 MG Tablet DT produced by Zydus Cadila
- Topcef 200 MG Tablet DT made by Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Cipla Ltd.’s manufactured Omnix 200 MG Tablet DT
C Tax O Tablet Interactions:
C Tax O interacts differently for different patients. Here are a few facts about C-Tax antibiotics interactions:
- Interaction with alcohol for this medicine is unknown. You must consult your doctor about the same.
- C Tax-O tablet has moderate interactions with these medicines – Amikacin, Warfarin, Ethinyl Estradiol, Furosemide, and Chloramphenicol.
- C Tax O tablet has severe interactions with Cholera Vaccine medicine.
- C Tax O tablet has severe interactions with Nifedipine medicine.
- There is currently no information available on food interactions with C Tax-O 200 MG Tablets.
- C Tax-O exhibits moderate interactions with Colitis and Renal diseases. The doctors may even substitute C Tax-O with a different drug if a patient has these medical conditions.
- Before taking Coombs or Urine ketones test, patients should inform the doctor about the medicines being consumed.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1) Does C Tax O Tablet cause constipation?
Ans: Constipation has been reported as a side effect of consuming C Tax-O. You must always consult your doctor if you face any such side effects while taking C Tax-O tablets.
2) Does C Tax O Tablet affects birth control?
Ans: Consuming C Tax-O tablets has not been reported to affect birth control. Please consult your doctor before consuming C Tax-O tablets.
3) Is C Tax O Tablet safe for children?
Ans: C-Tax antibiotics are not safe for children below 6 months of age.